Atrovent is used to prevent bronchospasm, or narrowing airways in the lungs, in people with bronchitis, emphysema, or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Order Generic Atrovent today for a fraction of the regular price!
Generic Atrovent may also be marketed as: Ipratropium Inhalation, Atrovent HFA.
*Atrovent® is manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.
Atrovent 20mcg Inhalation Canister (Generic)
Generic Atrovent (ipratropium) is a bronchodilator that relaxes muscles in the airways and increases air flow to the lungs. Generic Atrovent is used to prevent bronchospasm, or narrowing airways in the lungs, in people with bronchitis, emphysema, or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
Use Generic Atrovent exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Generic Atrovent will not work fast enough to treat an bronchospasm attack. Use only a fast acting inhalation medicine to treat an bronchospasm attack.
Prime the inhaler device before the first use by pumping 2 test sprays into the air, away from your face. Prime the inhaler if it has not been used for longer than 3 days. Clean the inhaler once a week. Follow the cleaning directions that came with your medicine.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Atrovent: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Atrovent and call your doctor at once if you have a side effect such as:
- bronchospasm (wheezing, chest tightness, trouble breathing), especially after starting a new canister of this medicine;
- blurred vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
- pain or burning when you urinate;
- urinating less than usual or not at all; or
- worsening of your symptoms.
Other common Generic Atrovent side effects may include:
- headache, dizziness;
- stuffy nose, sinus pain, dry mouth, cough, hoarseness;
- nausea, upset stomach, constipation;
- back pain; or
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes. If this happens, rinse with water.
Generic Atrovent may cause blurred vision and may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.
You should not use Generic Atrovent if you are allergic to ipratropium or atropine.
Tell your doctor about all medicines you use, and those you start or stop using during your treatment with Generic Atrovent, especially:
- bladder or urinary medicine such as darifenacin, fesoterodine, oxybutynin, tolterodine, or solfenacin;
- other bronchodilators such as tiotropium;
- cold or allergy medicine that contains an antihistamine;
- medication for Parkinson's disease; or
- medication to treat excess stomach acid, stomach ulcer, motion sickness, or irritable bowel syndrome.
This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with Generic Atrovent.
Use the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Atrovent inhaler device with the cover on, at room temperature away from moisture and heat.